ISSA Quarterly Meeting - February 16th, 2021President, Alamo Chapter, ISSA | - 11:30 AM CST to 1:00 PM CST
RSVP for the event here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2678908816222773259
For CPE submission, include your (ISC)2 number when signing up.
Alamo ISSA Chapter Student Member Representative: John Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Panel Topic Discussion:
How can college begin to engage with the security industry? This discussion will talk about college students’ avenues to successful cyber security careers.
Panel Topic Abstract:
The panel discussion will focus on the many avenues and opportunities for college students who are seeking careers in cyber security. Panelists bring a diverse perspective and deep experience among business, government, academic successes. Students can gain insights as they prepare to obtain internships and/or full time employment and chart successful careers in one of the most exciting and challenging professions.
- Oren Upton | UTSA College of Business, Technical Programs Director/Research Scientist and Doctoral Student - Information Systems and Cyber Security
- Joe Krull | Aite Group - Senior Cybersecurity Analyst.
- Joe Sánchez | CyberTexas Foundation, Executive Director and Secretary of the Board
- John Lee | Cisco Lad Engineer - Hallmark University, ISSA Alamo Chapter Student Member Representative
- John Petrie | Counselor to NTT CISO & President, Alamo Chapter, ISSA
Oren Upton | Technical Programs Director/Research Scientist and Doctoral Student - Information Systems and Cyber Security - UTSA College of Business
- 24 years with the US Air Force - experience in leadership, investigations, intelligence, & computers, including 14 years as a Special Agent with Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI)
- Special experience: Cyber-crime, counterintelligence (CI), international liaison, criminal investigations
- 6 years intelligence analyst, 4 yrs computer operator, 2 years software engineer manager
- Masters Degree in National Security Affairs (Naval Postgraduate School), with honors
Joe Krull | Senior Analyst, Cybersecurity - Aite Group
Joe Krull, CISSP, CISA, IAM, CRISC, CIPP, is a senior analyst at Aite Group specializing in cybersecurity, privacy, and IT risk. He splits his time between San Antonio, Texas, and Tel Aviv, Israel, and has more than 45 years of experience. He has worked in 115 countries and has provided cyber consulting to large enterprises on four continents. Most recently, he was a member of Accenture Security, where he focused helping large companies formulate their cybersecurity strategies. Prior to Accenture, Mr. Krull held leadership role with a Big Four, a senior role at an application security vendor, and led his own company focused on reducing security risk to telecommunications companies. Prior to consulting, Mr. Krull was the chief information security officer at three Global 1000 companies, and he served as an operations officer and military attaché at seven U.S. Embassies. Mr. Krull is board member for the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition and an advisor for two early-stage startup companies. He is a graduate of the United States Foreign Service Institute.
Joe Sánchez | Executive Director and Secretary of the Board - CyberTexas Foundation
For more than 20 years, Joe has passionately worked with South Texas students to discover academic and career opportunities in cybersecurity. His goal is to expand the CyberTexas Foundation to increase outreach to more students. CyberTexas Foundation is seeking business and government partners to award more scholarships for those pursing a degree and a career in cyber. If you are a high school principal or teacher interested in learning more about how to start a CyberPatriot team, please contact me.
- CyberTexas Foundation
- San Antonio CyberPatriot Center of Excellence
- Center for Infrastructure Assurance and Security (CIAS) at UTSA
- Institute for Cyber Security at UTSA
- Cyber Innovation and Research Consortium (San Antonio)
- Information Technology and Security Academy (San Antonio)
John Lee | Cisco Lab Engineer - Hallmark University, Alamo ISSA Chapter - Student Member Representative